Apply by August 25 for course credit (rolling deadline for other applicants)
Our internships provide an opportunity to learn from leaders in the field and develop your own interests within the non-profit arts environment. Cross-department engagement will provide you with an understanding of communication methods and working as a team to achieve the organization’s goals and mission. Interns will obtain hands-on arts management experience and knowledge in the following areas:
● Special Event Production
● Fund Development
● Education Programming
● Public Relations
● Visitor Relations
● Exhibition Design and Installation
● Facility management and administration
Time commitments are flexible and range from 10-25 hours per week depending upon availability and department needs. All internships are unpaid, however we are able to work with students to fulfill requirements for course credit. The San Diego Art Institute encourages diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
● Currently enrolled in college or recent college graduate (within the last 12 months)
● Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, Google Drive applications, etc.)
● Proficiency in data entry skills (updating, scrubbing, merging etc)
● Experience with Mailchimp, MoonClerk, SquareSpace is highly preferred
● Able to be a dependable member of the SDAI team
● Superb communication skills
How to Apply:
Please email the following documents to Tylo Tillah (firstname.lastname@example.org):
● Cover letter - please describe your interest in the internship, what skills and experience you hope to gain, and what skills and experience you have to offer (500 words max)
● Writing sample
If you are seeking course credit, our application deadline is August 25. If you are not seeking course credit, we have a rolling deadline throughout the semester.
All completed materials are required in order to be considered for an internship position. A staff member will contact you directly if we decide to schedule an interview.